Get Ready for Winter Wonderland Concert

Kynidy Savannah and Ashley Diaz

You cannot miss this magical night of music: a winter wonderland where choir and band collide in a kaleidoscope of talent. The music and voices are guaranteed to sooth your mind. 

First, according to Mr. Vera, Band will kick off the night with an amazing showcase of compositions like “Christmas Eve”, “Andromeda”, “Bad Romance”, and “Hallelujah”. Ashley Diaz, Drum Major in Band, says her favorite composition is “Andromeda” because “it gives off an intense vibe.”

Next, Choir will take the stage and sing their hearts away with songs like” Carol of the Bells” and “Lean on Me” according to Tataneisha Wells, who is also scheduled to perform a solo for “Lean on Me.”

Another choir member in Concert Choir, Marvin Garcia Jr., a freshman, says that they are performing hits like “Keep Your Lamps”, “I Dream a World”, and “Call on Me” (not to be confused with “Lean on Me”). His favorite song is “Call on Me” because it has a good rythm.

According to Vocal Ensemble member Valerie Escobar, pre-sale tickets cost $1.00 for students and $3.00 for adults. At the door, it is $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults. Children 12 and under are free. The show begins at 6:30pm. 

Band rehearsing for the big day.

If such a packed and special show has you worried that you might get a little hungry, no need to worry! You can buy food before, during, and after the show! There will also be an intermission where you can buy Tacos Dorados and Tamales. Band and choir will both be selling in order to raise money to pay for their travel expenses to San Francisco, where both Choir and Band are scheduled to compete. 

Anjelina, Tataneisha, and Valerie practice their vocals in class.

According to band member Ashley Diaz, band is also raffling out a room at the Hilton Garden Inn in San Diego Mission Valley/Stadium. Yes, you can win a room for up to four people for TWO NIGHTS! Tickets are already on sale for $5. So imagine taking your family to San Diego, and your room for two nights at the Hilton is already paid for – you only pay $5 for the raffle ticket! If you want to buy a ticket, go to any band member, or buy them during the intermission. The winner will be selected live at some time during the concert! But you don’t have to be present to win. Below you can check out an example of a Hilton room.

So, make sure you’re there to support Manual Arts’ phenomenal band and choir. Bring your cash because they are not accepting Visa or checks. Maybe they can figure out how to charge your visa next year, but ONLY CASH for now. Check out the items for sale below (items and prices are subject to change). 

Band and Choir Menu

Tamales $2.00 each

Tacos Dorados $2.00 plate

Nachos $1.00 each

Sandwiches $2.00 each

Coffee $1.00 a cup

Cookies $1.00 each

Churros $1.00 each

Chips $1.00 each

Water $1.00 each

Sodas $1.00 each

Again, pre-sale tickets cost $1.00 for students and $3.00 for adults. At the door, it is $3.00 for students and $5.00 for adults. Children 12 and under are free. The show begins at 6:30pm. Be there.