Helping Students is Her Passion

Alisson Hernandez, Raquelita Gramajo, , and

Everyday we see her, she has a smile on her face. She’s outgoing, and she’s passionate about what she does. The person we are speaking about is Mrs. Safotu, the coordinator for Magnet. 

But she’s more than an idol and role model to us. When you are unsure of what you want to do for a career, she will support you by helping you get ready for college to pursue your passion. 

Passion is when you really want to do something, and you put the time to accomplish it. When you are passionate about doing something, you desire to do whatever it takes to get where you want to be. 

Mrs. Safotu  is passionate about helping students. For example, she helps students with their personal needs. She gives students advice. 

Mrs. Safotu doesn’t seem like the magnet coordinator nor a magnet counselor. She’s a true advisor, who is someone we can trust and cherish throughout our high school experience and even longer if we come and visit Manual Arts after we graduate.

Mrs. Safotu came to Manual Arts in February 2012. That’s seven years. Can you believe that? It’s amazing how far she has come and how big of an inspiration she is to the magnet students and others around her. 

“Don’t be afraid to follow your passion even though it’s gonna be hard. Don’t give up,” says Mrs. Safotu, “continue to follow what you love to do because we only live one life, and you don’t want to waste it on something you’re not passionate about.”

We believe her when she says ” you gotta be happy, and money doesn’t buy happiness” because we see people that do not have money, and they are still happy. And that’s why we are thankful for the high school experience and the joy it brings us. We want to thank Mrs. Safotu for helping us in our journey throughout high school.