Journalism Class Soon Publishes Book!

Marvin Garcia Sr.

• Journalism students review final drafts of tear-jerking narratives for book.

Mr. Garcia, M

• After meeting for 3-4 weeks with mentors, they meet one last time to review final drafts.

Marvin Garcia Sr.

• After several meetings, Alex and Victor, meet with published writers/mentors for the last time.

• Daisy, T, and Javier are part of the Student Editorial Board.

Reanna Polk

• Meeting with the Student Editorial Board.

• Brando, Alex, and Derrick enjoy eating pizza at the Student Editorial Board.

• Brando, Alex, and Derrick are apparently hungry at the Student Editorial Board.

• Yozabeth and Daisy partake at the Student Editorial Board.

• 826LA staff and student-authors discuss book cover.

• The Student Editorial Board making tentative decisions.

• Brandeaux, Alex, and Derrick (AGAIN)enjoying that pizza.

Reanna Polk

• Miscedes trying to hide from camera at the Student Editorial Board.

Reanna Polk

• Students enjoy reading peers' stories at the Student Editorial Board.

• Reanna Polk is all smiles about book at the Student Editorial Board.

• Deciding on the cover page at the Student Editorial Board.

The journalism class is only a few weeks from publishing their book.

Tra’nell Davis would like to thank Marisa because she “encouraged me to write my story and share it with the world.”

Brandeaux Lazo appreciates Angelina Del Balzo, a published writer and mentor, for ” being patient with me and being there for me in my time of need.”

Victor Lemus enjoyed getting help from “all the people that took their time to write our story.” His favorite part was listening to the stories of the volunteers and “learning how it felt for them to be published.”

Krystal Ortiz would like to thank “Marisa because she helped me so much even when I would hardly do anything. I would also like to thank Ms.T because she used me to do this, and she helped me so much.”

Jenny De Leon appreciates “826 LA for encouraging to write an amazing story about me and being part of the team. Thanks for letting me know how it feels to be an author.”

Christopher Mares-Franco would like to thank “the staff, especially Ms. T for putting up with my annoyance.”

Manual Arts teachers and staff can’t wait to see the book and the inspirational stories that emerge from our rich community here in Los Angeles!